- Arts Centre
Theatre Lane, Renmark SA, Australia
(08) 8586 1800
19th May 2022 — 22nd May 2022
Occasional mild coarse language
Presented by Country Arts SA
The Legacy ContinuesView event
26th May 2022 — 29th May 2022
Fantasy themes and action violence
Presented by Country Arts SA
Enter a new dimension of Strange.View event
28th May 2022
Presented by DG Global, The Harbour Agency
From the golden era for Australian rock bands, to reinvigorating fans today, 1927 have been entertaining audiences for 30 yearsBuy Tickets View event
30th May 2022 — 30th May 2022
Nunga Screen shares and celebrates First Nations culture, stories and language through the screen.View event
3rd June 2022
Presented by State Theatre Company South Australia, Country Arts SA
A powerful, visceral and form-busting new work by award-winning South Australian born playwright Caleb Lewis, Cathedral is a thriller, a family drama and an epic journey of self-discovery.Buy Tickets View event
4th June 2022 — 4th June 2022
The Drover’s Wife The Legend of Molly Johnson is a reimagining of Leah Purcell’s acclaimed play and Henry Lawson’s classic short story.View event
South Australia’s Riverland Mallee region is one of the most diverse, fascinating and beautiful regions in Australia with the legendary Murray River as its focus. In the heart of this beautiful country, in the town of Renmark, the Chaffey Theatre is a fully equipped multi-purpose arts centre which can accommodate conferences, performing arts, film screenings, seminars and product launches. The town sits on the edge of the river and is surrounded by vineyards, citrus groves, flower growing properties and lush parks and gardens, an oasis gateway to the outback.
With a population of 9800 and a theatre base of 30,000 (population within 100km) the Chaffey Theatre is ideally located to service the residents of the region. Renmark is 253 km northeast of Adelaide and 145 km west of Mildura in Victoria. This hauntingly beautiful landscape of wetlands, deep gorges, magnificent scrub and rich grass land teems with wildlife and there are many different ways to enjoy the natural wonders of the Murray and its surrounding areas.
“The Chaffey Theatre is named after brothers William and George Chaffey who established Australia’s first irrigation settlement in 1887.”
Community Circle- supporting creative communities
Country Arts SA is partnering with local businesses to enable more people in the community to experience, value and benefit from the arts.
Community Circle brings together businesses with a shared passion and commitment to giving back to the communities in which they operate.
The generous backing of Community Circle businesses will support the Chaffey Theatre in continuing to deliver a dynamic mix of exciting live performances, creative workshops and educational projects.
Community Circle provides a unique platform for businesses to engage with their local communities in association with artistic excellence and exceptional live performance all year round.
The Country Arts SA’s Friends Club is a membership program that rewards our loyal patrons and helps support our Arts Centres.
Friends Club Membership
Show your card and save throughout the year. Your Friends Club membership ($30) entitles you to buy tickets at the discounted Friends price at anytime. It’s your season as you like it and when you like it.
- Access to the Friends discount ticket price, anytime throughout the year (one ticket per performance)
- Discount on Morning Melodies shows
- Discount on selected commercial shows
- Discount on Arts on Screen screenings
- Discount on cinema tickets
- Regular updates on Chaffey Theatre activities
- Invitations to special events
- Priority seating and presale tickets for Country Arts SA allocated seated live shows and selected commercial shows (Email address required)
- Access to Friends Club ticket discounts at any of the five Country Arts SA venues as mentioned on the back of your membership card (members only)
Terms and Conditions apply contact the venue for more details
Don’t know what to give your friends or family for birthdays or special occasions?
Entertain them with a theatre Gift Certificate; Gift Vouchers can be used for any performance at the theatre.Buy Online
Terms and Conditions
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase online at the following values: $100, $50, $20, $10
Gift Vouchers can only be exchange for tickets at the theatre Box Office during office hours or online through our website.
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
Gift Vouchers are redeemable for tickets at the Venue in which it was originally purchased from only and are non transferable.
Country Arts SA Venues are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of purchase.
Additional Terms and Conditions may apply contact the theatre for more details.
Everything you need
- 490 seat proscenium arch auditorium
- Centre based manager plus box office and technical staff
- Stage with depth of 13.3m x 20.5m wide
- Performance area 12m x 11m
- Full technical facilities and support
- Lighting desk
- TV, DVD, CD, data projector, rear projection screen
- Computerised box office
- Digital sound desk
- Digital 3D cinema projector
- Licensed bar
- Disabled access
- Ample car parking
- Fully appointed dressing rooms, wardrobe, laundry facilities and green room
- Drama studio available at specified times suitable for 100 people
- Orchestra pit for up to 25 musicians
- Yamaha C7 Grand and Yamaha upright pianos
- Public address system
- Licensed outdoor courtyard
A comprehensive Technical Specifications Document for the Chaffey Theatre is available online. Please review this document before booking the venue for your performance.View Venue Technical Specifications
Tour Coordination Services
Link into Country Arts SA’s network of performing arts centres across South Australia and benefit from collaboration on tours and negotiation of venue costs, performances and box office as a state-wide package. Please email [email protected] for more information.
A night at the theatre is a perfect way to entertain and impress your clients, network and reward staff. Our staff will assist you in all steps of planning to ensure your guests have a unique and memorable night at the theatre that they will always associate with your company’s hospitality.
With a wide range of shows and some of Australia’s most well-loved actors, you’re sure to find something for everyone. This variety means that we can help you select the show most suited to your guests to ensure an enjoyable night is had by all.
Country Arts SA Corporate Hospitality Packages are designed to help you deliver your business targets in a distinctive way, and can be tailored to meet the needs and budget constraints of your business.
Country Arts SA is continually looking to establish strategic alliances and partnerships with leading, innovative companies such as yours, who understand the reinforcement of business brand values to the community through the arts.
Benefits of Purchasing Corporate Tickets
- Performance programmes (where available)
- Tailored drinks package for your needs
- Free use of exclusive foyer areas for pre-show or post show drinks
- You can also access special function areas for you to entertain larger groups
- Ease of booking when purchasing for large groups.Assistance in co-ordinating catering for functions and events held at the venue.
- Pre show group theatre tours.
- Invitations to Country Arts SA after show functions.
- Meet the cast (selected shows only).
- Best seats available
- You will also receive invitations to selected, exclusive VIP functions at the venue where you can network with leading corporate identities and artists.
Additional options can easily be arranged to create an evening tailored to your needs
Contact the venue to Join now!
How to find us
Ample parking in close proximity to the venue.
Wheelchair access is an important aspect of Country Arts service to patrons. Mobility impaired patrons can be comfortably seated in the theatre, and there are dedicated toilet facilities and car parking spaces. Baby change tables are available.
The theatre has a Licensed Bar
Art Centre Manager: Sharlene Goodman