- Arts Centre
Middleback Arts Centre
141A Nicolson Ave, Whyalla Norrie, SA, 5608, Australia
(08) 8644 7300
- Live Stream
6th March 2021
Presented by Far From The Norm, Sadler’s Wells, Adelaide Festival
A genre-defying blend of hip hop dance and free form antics, BLKDOG explores the inner battlefield of an ageing artist trying to retain his youth.Buy Tickets View event
12th March 2021
John Croall delivered three generations of babies and planted thousands of trees in the town.Buy Tickets View event
18th March 2021
Presented by Country Arts SA
Experience the local and live vocal talents of Mel & Me, Hey Jude and Missing Link Duo in a relaxed, cabaret styled setting.Buy Tickets View event
24th March 2021 — 25th March 2021
Presented by BBCS, Andrew Kay, QPAC
This is Bluey’s Big Play! And it’s really for real life!View event
26th March 2021Buy Tickets View event
26th March 2021
Rated: MA15+Buy Tickets View event
In 1978, there was a plan to bring a cultural precinct to Whyalla. On March 9 in 1985, the Middleback Theatre was officially opened.
In its 30 years the centre, run by Country Arts SA, has grown to incorporate a modern 210 seat cinema and the 478 seat theatre has been upgraded to accommodate Australian and international performances including ballet, drama, theatre and music.
Renamed the Middleback Arts Centre in 2015 to incorporate all its functions, it is the cultural and artistic centre of Whyalla.
Community Circle- supporting creative communities
In 2020, Country Arts SA is partnering with local businesses to enable more people in the community to experience, value and benefit from the arts.
Community Circle brings together businesses with a shared passion and commitment to giving back to the communities in which they operate.
The generous backing of Community Circle businesses will support the Middleback Arts Centre in continuing to deliver a dynamic mix of exciting live performances, creative workshops and educational projects.
Community Circle provides a unique platform for businesses to engage with their local communities in association with artistic excellence and exceptional live performance all year round.
Parking is available out the front of the Middleback Arts Centre on Nicolson Avenue, and in the Tafe carpark located off of Racecourse Road.
Please contact the venue box office with your access requirements. Staff will help you find the best seats available.
The main theatre auditorium has removable seating located in F Row to accommodate patrons who wish to remain seated in their wheelchair or to allow ease of access to transfer to a theatre seat.
The main Cinema has a dedicated space in the front and centre of the auditorium for wheelchair access.
The Middleback Arts Centre has disability car parking and a dedicated accessible toilet in the Foyer.
The Middleback Arts Centre is guide dog friendly.
Baby change table is available
The theatre has a Licensed Bar
The Country Arts SA’s Friends Club is a membership program that rewards our loyal patrons and helps support our Arts Centres.
Friends Club Membership
For just $30 per year Friends can enjoy exclusive special offers and great savings over the calendar year.
A Friends Club membership entitles you to…
- Access to discount ticket prices and priority seating for live theatre shows and Arts on Screen screenings (where available, one per membership)
- Access to discount cinema ticket prices for all screenings. $12.50 each for 2D and $13.50 for 3D screenings, one ticket per membership. (Except Whacky Wednesday where normal prices will apply $11.00 for 2D and $12.00 for 3D)
- Regular updates of theatre activities
- Ability to use your membership at any of our 5 Country Arts SA venues throughout 2020
Terms and Conditions apply contact the venue for more details.
Don’t know what to give your friends or family for birthdays or special occasions?
Entertain them with a Gift Voucher; Gift Vouchers can be used for any live performance, film screening or candy bar purchase at the Middleback Arts Centre.
You can purchase your Middleback Arts Centre Gift Vouchers at the box office or online.Purchase Online
Terms and Conditions
Gift Certificates are available for purchase at the following values:
$100,$50, $40, $30, $25,$20,$10
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase online at the following values: $100, $50, $20, $10
Gift Vouchers can only be exchange for tickets at the theatre Box Office during office hours or online through our website.
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
Gift Vouchers are redeemable for tickets at the Venue in which it was originally purchased from only and are non transferable.
Country Arts SA Venues are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of purchase.
Additional Terms and Conditions may apply contact the theatre for more details.
Everything you need
- 476 seat proscenium arch theatre
- 210 seat cinema with Dolby digital surround sound
- 3D digital cinema projector
- Spacious foyer with track lighting and licensed bar
- Centre based manager plus box office and technical staff
- Stage with depth of 10.88m x 16.70m wide
- Full technical facilities and support
- TV, DVD, CD, data projector, rear projection screen
- Computerised box office
- Disabled access
- Ample car parking
- Fully appointed dressing rooms, wardrobe, laundry facilities and green room
- Orchestra pit for up to 40 musicians
- Yamaha concert Grand and Yamaha upright pianos
- Professional sound system
- Public address system
- Fully air-conditioned
A comprehensive Technical Specifications Document for the Middleback Arts Centre is available online. Please review this document before booking the venue for your performance.View Venue Technical Specifications
Tour Coordination Services
Link into Country Arts SA’s network of performing arts centres across South Australia and benefit from collaboration on tours and negotiation of venue costs, performances and box office as a state-wide package. Contact Sussan Baldwin Arts Centres Manager Phone 7009 4400 or 0401126077 or [email protected]
A night at the theatre is a perfect way to entertain and impress your clients, network and reward staff. Our staff will assist you in all steps of planning to ensure your guests have a unique and memorable night at the theatre that they will always associate with your company’s hospitality.
With a wide range of shows and some of Australia’s most well-loved actors, you’re sure to find something for everyone. This variety means that we can help you select the show most suited to your guests to ensure an enjoyable night is had by all.
Country Arts SA Corporate Hospitality Packages are designed to help you deliver your business targets in a distinctive way, and can be tailored to meet the needs and budget constraints of your business.
Country Arts SA is continually looking to establish strategic alliances and partnerships with leading, innovative companies such as yours, who understand the reinforcement of business brand values to the community through the arts.
Benefits of Purchasing Corporate Tickets
- Performance programmes (where available)
- Tailored drinks package for your needs
- Free use of exclusive foyer areas for pre-show or post show drinks
- You can also access special function areas for you to entertain larger groups
- Ease of booking when purchasing for large groups.
- Assistance in co-ordinating catering for functions and events held at the venue.
- Pre show group theatre tours.
- Invitations to Country Arts SA after show functions.
- Meet the cast (selected shows only).
- Best seats available
- You will also receive invitations to selected, exclusive VIP functions at the venue where you can network with leading corporate identities and artists.
Additional options can easily be arranged to create an evening tailored to your needs
Contact the venue to Join now!
How to find us
(08) 8644 7300
Box Opening Hours
Wednesday- 12.30pm – 4.00pm
Thursday & Friday:- 12.30pm until 30mins after last screening/performance starts.
Saturday:- 30mins before first screening/performance starts until 30min after last screening starts.
Arts Centre Manager
P (08) 8644 7301