Expressions of Interest are now open for the 2019 Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre Artist Residency
Country Arts SA in partnership with SA Power Networks and with support from Arts SA is pleased to announce two new residency opportunities; one for a South Australian artist and one for a Limestone Coast artist at Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre, Mount Gambier.
The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre residency is intended to attract artists who can re-energise traditional spaces in non-traditional ways: we encourage artists to look at all the spaces that make up the theatre and create contemporary work in any medium that would be unexpected, that opens the public’s eyes and minds to seeing the spaces in new ways, taking inspiration from the character of the local community and environment.
The two artists selected to take part in the residency program, will also be participants in the Land Arts of Limestone Coast Retreat, find out more about the retreat here.
One residency will take place in the lead up to the retreat (October) and the other immediately after the retreat (November). An expected outcome of both residencies will be to create a new work for display at the Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre.
Artists working across a broad range of media are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 29 July 2019
Artist 1 Residency: October 2019 (3 weeks including installation)
Artist 2 Residency: November 2019 (3 weeks including installation)
Land Arts of the Limestone Coast Retreat: 1 – 11 November 2019
Expressions of Interest to include:
• Current address, email and phone contact details
• ABN and GST status
• A written response to the project, including how your practice relates to the residency, how you would approach the residency and how you consider the opportunity would benefit your practice (maximum three-pages)
• Resume or CV (one-page)
• Images of relevant previous work (maximum of 9 images presented in a PowerPoint document, maximum size 5MB) including artwork title, details, date and size
• Confirmation of availability within project timeline
• Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000 and professional indemnity insurance to the value of $5,000,000 or willingness to get such insurance if selected
• Name and contact details for two referees
To be eligible for selection you must be:
• Selected to participate in the Land Arts of the Limestone Coast Retreat
• Over 18 years of age
• Either a permanent resident of the Limestone Coast, or a permanent resident of South Australia
• A practicing artist
• Available on the dates specified in the timeline
To find more details about the Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre Residency, click here.
All enquiries contact Creative Programs Manager Merilyn de Nys on (08) 8723 8702 or [email protected]
To apply for the Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre Residency click the button below and fill out all the information.