- Arts Centre
Northern Festival Centre
106 Gertrude St, Port Pirie SA 5540
(08) 8633 8500
17th January 2023 — 25th January 2023
Very mild themes and violence, some scenes may scare very young children
Presented by Country Arts SA
Time To Make A SplashView event
19th January 2023 — 21st January 2023
Presented by Country Arts SA
From The Writer Of Bohemian RhapsodyView event
24th January 2023 — 25th January 2023
Presented by Country Arts SA
From The Director Of Paper Planes & The DryView event
27th January 2023 — 28th January 2023
Presented by Country Arts SA
This story follows Maurice, a streetwise cat, who has the perfect money-making scam.View event
17th February 2023 — 18th February 2023
Presented by Southern Flinders Players
Southern Flinders Players presents Singin’ In The RainView event
8th April 2023
Presented by Big Mother Touring Company
Relive your best musical memories with Toni Childs’ Greatest Hits Live in Concert.Buy Tickets View event
The Northern Festival Centre is a fully equipped multi-purpose arts centre and can accommodate a diverse range of conferences, performing arts, film screenings, seminars and product launches. Within the Centre are the Keith Michell Theatre, The Ballroom and meeting rooms (Barbara Welch Room and Council Room).
Port Pirie proudly announces itself as ‘The City of Friendly People’. Located on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf, Port Pirie is South Australia’s second largest port. It is an industry based city, whose economy is driven by the huge silver, lead and zinc smelters which process the raw ore brought from Broken Hill, and the port which provides transportation for both the metal and rural industries surrounding the city.
In addition to being one of South Australia’s most important industrial and commercial centres, it has a rich and historical base, with a number of heritage listed buildings and monuments throughout the city. The region offers visitors a myriad of activities and attractions in a district steeped in history and culture.
Port Pirie is 229 km North of Adelaide and has a population of 13,500 and a theatre base of 20,000 (population within 100km).
Everything you need
- 495 seat proscenium arch auditorium
- Council Room and adjoining smaller meeting room with balcony foyer and own kitchen facilities
- Ballroom with flat floor, spacious adjoining foyers, adjoining kitchen and bar, room for 650 guests theatre style or 500 for dining, concealed wall panel dividing system and theatre lighting and sound systems
- Barbara Welch Room – a small carpeted function room adjacent to the ballroom with its own bar facilities and access to the main kitchen
- Licenced 110 seat restaurant and bars
- Spacious foyers overlooking Memorial Park
- Centre based manager plus box office and technical staff
- Stage width 21.5m x 12.5m depth
- Full technical facilities and support
- Digital 3D cinema projector with surround sound
- TV, VCR, Cassette, CD, 35mm carousel slide projector, hand-held and standard wireless microphones
- Computerised box office
- Disabled access
- Ample car parking
- Fully appointed dressing rooms, wardrobe room, laundry facilities
- Spacious rehearsal area with mirrors and barres
- Orchestra pit for up to 40 musicians
- Yamaha Concert Grand
- Public address system
A comprehensive Technical Specifications Document for the Northern Festival Centre is available online. Please review this document before booking the venue for your performance.View Venue Technical Specifications Northern Festival Centre
Parking is available in the Northern Festival Centre carpark as well as on road parking around Memorial Park on which Northern Festival Centre is situated.
Please contact the venue box office with your access requirements. Staff will help you book best possible seats available.
Row H on Entry 2 side has removable seats to accommodate patrons who wish to remain seated in their wheelchair or to allow ease of access to transfer to a theatre seat and is accessible using a chair lift. Side Entry is available for patrons unable to handle a lot of stairs. There are 5 steps up and 5 steps down using a rail and we can seat you either on the flat in-front of the stage or just an extra 1 or 2 steps up in row A or B A disability toilet is available in the foyer of the Northern Festival Centre. Wheelchair loan – Please contact the theatre on 8633 8500 if you need to borrow a wheelchair ‘free of charge’ when you attend your performance. The Northern Festival Centre is guide dog friendly
- Licenced Bar
- Chair Lift to Theatre Auditorium
The Country Arts SA’s Friends Club is a membership program that rewards our loyal patrons and helps support our Arts Centres.
Friends Club Membership
Show your card and save throughout the year. Your Friends Club membership ($30) entitles you to buy tickets at the discounted Friends price at any time. It’s your season as you like it and when you like it.
- Access to the Friends discount ticket price, anytime throughout the year (one ticket per performance)
- Discount on Morning Melodies shows
- Discount on selected commercial shows
- Discount on Arts on Screen screenings
- Discount on cinema tickets
- Regular updates on Northern Festival Centre activities
- Invitations to special events
- Priority seating and presale tickets for Country Arts SA allocated seated live shows and selected commercial shows (Email address required)
- Access to Friends Club ticket discounts at any of the five Country Arts SA venues as mentioned on the back of your membership card (members only)
Terms and Conditions apply, contact the venue for more details
Don’t know what to give your friends or family for birthdays or special occasions?
Entertain them with a theatre Gift Voucher; Gift Vouchers can be used for any performance at the theatre.Buy Online
Terms and Conditions
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase online at the following values: $100, $50, $20, $10
Gift Vouchers can only be exchange for tickets at the theatre Box Office during office hours or online through our website.
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
Gift Vouchers are redeemable for tickets at the Venue in which it was originally purchased from only and are non transferable.
Country Arts SA Venues are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of purchase.
Additional Terms and Conditions may apply contact the theatre for more details.
A night at the theatre is a perfect way to entertain and impress your clients, network and reward staff. Our staff will assist you in all steps of planning to ensure your guests have a unique and memorable night at the theatre that they will always associate with your company’s hospitality.
With a wide range of shows and some of Australia’s most well-loved actors, you’re sure to find something for everyone. This variety means that we can help you select the show most suited to your guests to ensure an enjoyable night is had by all.
Country Arts SA Corporate Hospitality Packages are designed to help you deliver your business targets in a distinctive way, and can be tailored to meet the needs and budget constraints of your business.
Country Arts SA is continually looking to establish strategic alliances and partnerships with leading, innovative companies such as yours, who understand the reinforcement of business brand values to the community through the arts.
Benefits of Purchasing Corporate Tickets
- Performance programmes (where available)
- Tailored drinks package for your needs
- Free use of exclusive foyer areas for pre-show or post show drinks
- You can also access special function areas for you to entertain larger groups
- Ease of booking when purchasing for large groups.
- Assistance in co-ordinating catering for functions and events held at the venue.
- Pre show group theatre tours.
- Invitations to Country Arts SA after show functions.
- Meet the cast (selected shows only).
- Best seats available
- You will also receive invitations to selected, exclusive VIP functions at the venue where you can network with leading corporate identities and artists.
Additional options can easily be arranged to create an evening tailored to your needs
Contact the venue to Join now!
Country Arts SA is partnering with local businesses to enable more people in the community to experience, value and benefit from the arts.
A new initiative from Country Arts SA Chair Lew Owens, Community Circle brings together businesses with a shared passion and commitment to giving back to the communities in which they operate.
The generous backing of Community Circle businesses will support the Northern Festival Centre in continuing to deliver a dynamic mix of exciting live performances, creative workshops and educational projects throughout 2014.
Community Circle provides a unique platform for businesses to engage with their local communities in association with artistic excellence and exceptional live performance all year round.
How to find us
Box Office Opening Hours
Wednesday to Friday 12.30pm to 4.30pm
1 hour before performances
The theatre has a Licensed Bar.
Make a booking
Tour Coordination Services
Link into Country Arts SA’s network of performing arts centres across South Australia and benefit from collaboration on tours and negotiation of venue costs, performances and box office as a state-wide package. Please email [email protected] for more information.