What personal information is collected
Personal information we may collect, or which may be held by us about you, may include:
• Your name;
• Your date of birth;
• Your postal address;
• Your telephone and mobile phone number;
• Your email address;
• Your username and password.
• Information about you that is relevant to your performing arts and arts-related interests, and that is relevant to your attendance at the events we hold (including details of your attendance at events).
How is the personal information collected
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• When you request information from us;
• When you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists;
• When you visit any of our venues, or when you attend events at our venues;
• When you make a donation to us;
• When you apply for a membership;
• From third parties selling tickets on our behalf, or on behalf of people staging events at our venues;
• From publicly available sources of information; and
• When you otherwise provide information to us, including:
• In writing;
• In person;
• By phone; or
• From your use of our website.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
• Enable you to purchase tickets and merchandise, including, where applicable, to process your credit card payment transactions;
• Enable you to make donations or apply for membership with us, and to contact you regarding donations and memberships;
• Send you your tickets to events held at our venues;
• Inform you if events change, or regarding refunds, exchanges where those are permitted;
• Gain an understanding of your performing arts and arts-related interests and to enable us to research and develop our business to better accommodate those interests; and
• As set out below under the heading “When we disclose your personal information”.
When we disclose your personal information
When you create an account with us, including through our website, or when you otherwise provide us with your contact details, we will ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. If you agree, we may use your personal information to provide you with information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you.
If you later decide that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please let us know by updating your details online through our website, at our Box Office or by contacting us at the address set out below.
If information is disclosed to a presenter we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient:
• Handles the information in accordance with the Privacy Act;
• Only uses the information for the specific purpose(s) for which it is provided to them;
• Does not disclose the information to any person or organisation except in accordance with directions from Country Arts SA;
• Stores the information securely, and either destroys it or returns it to Country Arts SA when no longer required.
Security of Personal Information
Country Arts SA protects the personal information it collects in a secure database, which cannot be accessed by outside parties. Country Arts SA employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
It is possible to transact with Country Arts SA venues anonymously. Customers wishing to purchase tickets without providing personal information can make cash transactions in person at our Box Office. If we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or changes to event details.
Access and Correction
Country Arts SA strives to keep all recorded personal information accurate. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information that Country Arts SA venues hold about you and correct any parts that are inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing and forward to the Privacy Officer at the address below.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of individuals about whom we hold personal information, we will require that you verify your identity. This can be done by enclosing a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport with your written request (this will be returned to you after you identity has been verified). Ordinarily, Country Arts SA will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
If you wish to discuss our method of providing access, please contact
our Privacy Officer with your query. If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below with your request for correction. Our policy is to consider any requests for access.
Digital Communications Officer
2 McLaren Parade, Port Adelaide 5015
08 8444 0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org