Nunga Screen – Musician call out
Seeking Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Musicians currently living in: Mount Gambier, Port Pirie, Renmark or Whyalla.
We’re looking for bands/groups or individual music artists to perform at Nunga Screen 2020. The music artists/bands/groups need to provide their own instruments and be able to perform a 20 – 30min set suitable for a family audience. Preference will be given to groups who perform some original material or perform music in an original way.
Nunga Screen is a short film showcase held annually on Reconciliation Week across South Australian hosted by suburban and regional venues. The screenings are a free community event. Find out more here.
What is involved?
- Soloists/Bands/Groups will perform 2 sets in the venue foyer. One prior to the film screening and the second at the interval.
- PA and sound technician will be provided by the venue.
- Payment: $150 per musician up to $618 for the entire group. Payable upon receipt of invoice. As we are looking for musicians local to each area, travel and accommodation allowances are not applicable.
- Performance date:
- Port Pirie – Northern Festival Centre, Tuesday May 26th
- Mount Gambier – Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre, Wednesday May 27th
- Renmark at the Chaffey Theatre Wednesday May 27th
- Whyalla – Middleback Arts Centre Wednesday May 27th
- Approximate timing
- Setup 6pm
- Set 1 6.15pm –6.45pm
- Set 2 20minutes during interval
Deadline for submission is Friday February 28, successful applicants will be informed by Friday March 20.