Country Arts SA’s Skills Development Assistance Grants are available to support artists and arts workers to participate in professional development opportunities by contributing to travel and accommodation costs associated with the opportunity.
The grants are fast-turnaround and are intended for those who wish to undertake a time sensitive skills development opportunity such as workshops, conferences, seminars, work experience, masterclasses, attending performances/exhibitions etc.
Country Arts SA’s Skills Development Assistance Program is managed by Country Arts SA on behalf of Arts South Australia for the South Australian Government.
The Skills Development Assistance Grants open each year in mid-January and close mid-December (unless funds are expended prior).
The following activities are considered skills development opportunities:
- participation in courses, residencies, workshops etc;
- mentorships with a professional artist whose practice is suitable to your development;
- attending a conference, masterclass, seminar, performance, exhibition etc;
- work experience, internship or volunteer role;
- the engagement of a professional artist (or artists) to run workshops or deliver a presentation in your community – in this instance the grant will be used to cover the travel and accommodation costs of the artist/s that have been engaged, rather than the applicant.
If you are unsure about whether your skills development opportunity is eligible, please speak to a Country Arts SA team member.Apply for grant