Country Arts SA’s Skills Development Assistance Grants are available to support artists and arts workers to participate in professional development opportunities by contributing to travel and accommodation costs associated with the opportunity.
The grants are fast-turnaround and are intended for those who wish to undertake a time sensitive skills development opportunity such as workshops, conferences, seminars etc.
Country Arts SA’s Skills Development Assistance Program is managed by Country Arts SA on behalf of Arts South Australia for the South Australian Government.
The Skills Development Assistance Grants open each year in mid-January and close mid-December (unless funds are expended prior).
The following activities are considered skills development opportunities:
- participation in courses, residencies, workshops etc;
- mentorships with a professional artist whose practice is suitable to your development;
- attending a conference, masterclass, seminar, performance, exhibition etc;
- work experience, internship or volunteer role;
- the engagement of a professional artist (or artists) to run workshops or deliver a presentation in your community – in this instance the grant will be used to cover the travel and accommodation costs of the artist/s that have been engaged, rather than the applicant.
If you are unsure about whether your skills development opportunity is eligible, please speak to a Country Arts SA team member.
The grant amount available per application is dependent on the total distance (including return trip) the applicant is required to travel:
- Less than 500kms = $300
- 500 – 1000 kms = $450
- 1000 – 1500 kms = $600
- More than 1500kms = $750
Skills Development Assistance Grant monies may only be spent on travel and/or accommodation (up to $130 per night) costs. Travel costs include: airfares, bus, train or tram fares, fuel, taxis or ride share. Receipts must be provided when the grant is acquitted.
Apply for grant